Monday, July 21, 2008

Lazy Sundays with Seesha



Yesterday, we headed to the beach for the majority of the day on the beach. It was WAY to stinkin' hot to lay out on the beach. There was absolutely NO breeze and a million percent humidity. So we spent most of they day in the water. This means that our faces and shoulders got burned because they were the only thing out of the water. (Yes Mom - we wore sunscreen...SPF 30). The water was really calm and actually looked blue (a rarity for here). There were these crazy fish that kept leapin out of the water. All around us, fish were leaping about 10 feet in the air. It was so strange. One was so close to me that I got splashed when it landed again. It almost hit me in the head. Sarah was rooting for the fish to land on my head. Scott said that those fish are called...MULLETS! (YES!) We packed a lunch and brought a cooler to the beach. We sat out and ate lunch on a blanket. We made the BEST SANDWICH EVER!! Sarah is still talking about it! YUM! If things don't work out, Sarah and I can always go into the sandwich business :)

We came home and got changed and headed to a local vineyard. On Sunday nights, they have music there. It was really fun. We just sat out on a bench and shared a bottle of wine. We just sat and talked, it was really relaxing. We laughed at all the adults out on the dance floor. They were hard core!! They all must have been a part of the same dance class. Our favorite one out there was a crazy guy with a MULLET! (Theme of the day) Imagine wine and redneck ballroom dancing! Excellent people watching. A little boy (about 2) was making eyes and flirting with Sarah the whole night. He was SO CUTE!

After we left, I dragged Sarah into my lab with me so that I could prepare for work today. We were really tired from being in the sun all day and drinking wine. We got home and went to bed! Sarah and Sammy are slowly fighting for space. WUAHAHAHA!!! Overall - really fun day!!!

3 comments:

Da Momma said...

OMG! So sunscreen should be applied more than once on a hot day. Glad you are having fun. Go get some spray aloe gel. I am so jealous, no beach for me! boo hoo. I am guessing that Sammie will win the space war or else he will kick her like he did me that night.

Da Momma said...

Not sure if the last one posted. At any rate, glad you are having fun and you should apply sunscreen more than once a day. Sammie will win the space war! Maxie will win the Paw on your head.....war.

Nikki said...

I'm going to have to agree with Dr. B. It does appear that you two got a little too much sun...